- Very good instincts, especially in the box. Sound and solid tackler. Takes good angles in pursuit.
- Possesses good straight-line speed, fluid hips to turn and run, and explosiveness out of his breaks. Good vision and anticipation as a free safety.
- While built more like a cornerback than a safety, he has the vision, range, hitting ability, and ball skills teams want at free safety in the pass-heavy NFL.
- Closes to the ball quite well and possesses the hands to snatch throws away from his frame.
- Possesses a tall, long frame with room to get stronger. Talented all-around athlete with good playing speed and range.
- Has very inconsistent tackling technique and too often just throws himself at the lower body of the ballcarrier instead of wrapping up.
- Overaggressive and will miss tackle attempts. Needs to do a better job breaking down in space and using proper technique. Suspect anticipation and ball skills.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- Lowers his shoulder for the big hit rather than wrapping up securely.
- Has a cornerback body and needs to continue to get stronger to be more effective shedding blocks.
How other scouting services rate Isaiah Pola-Mao (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank