- An aggressive run defender, filling run lanes hard, and won't shy from contact. Plays with violence to fight off blocks, flashing a physical nature. An intense, powerful hitter who willingly gives up his body.
- Intelligent player who can play "MIKE" linebacker despite his lack of size because of his instincts and ability to find the ball in traffic.
- A bit stiff but makes the clean open-field tackle. Good effort in pursuit.
- Good key and diagnosis skills. Quickly locates the ball and shows no wasted motion in getting there. At least adequate lateral agility to avoid blockers and shows good vision and anticipation.
- Doesn't have enough speed, power or bulk to fit any LB position perfectly in the NFL.
- Relies on effort and intensity rather than elite agility, power or closing speed.
- Can be too hesitant when he doesn't find the ball immediately.
- Not a sudden or quick-twitch athlete. Will never be the strongest player on the field and can struggle to shed from different angles.
- Lacks functional strength to shed and take on blocks at the point of attack.
Jake Hummel percentiles vs other Linebacker's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Jake Hummel (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank