- A versatile weapon, proving to be effective inside in the slot and outside on the perimeter. Makes plays at all levels of the field.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- Generally reliable receiver capable of making difficult catches in traffic over the middle or one on one down the sideline.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Has good body strength to squirm out of tackles with the coordination to maneuver his frame between defenders.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- He is quicker than fast and lacks elite wheels to simply blow by defenders, but he has good football speed.
- Does not own elite speed. Freezes at times when trying to juke defenders in space. Walls off his man as a blocker, allowing them to shed and make the play outside.
- Hands are good, not great. Will drop some easy balls and sometimes will body catch. Occasionally fails to high point.
- Inconsistent high-pointing passes. Allows too many throws into his body when facing the quarterback.
Jalen Virgil percentiles vs other Wide Receiver's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Jalen Virgil (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank