- Has the feet and feel running between the tackles and in the open field. He has very good vision and patience to pick through defenses.
- Has good straight-line speed with quick acceleration and a second gear downfield. Has a good-sized frame to add some bulk and get stronger.
- Has a smaller, compact build with adequate thickness throughout his frame. Confident and ambitious player who wants the ball. Has shifty footwork with the natural burst and lateral quickness to make defenders miss and turn upfield in a hurry - tough to tackle in space.
- Elusive, pogo stick-quick back with excellent initial burst and very good long speed. Gets to top speed quickly. Turns the corner and accelerates smoothly with vision to cut or stop-and-start. Tough enough to attack the hole inside and uses electric lateral agility to avoid. Breakaway threat has improved as a receiver.
- A balanced runner with good combination of wiggle and lower body strength. Possesses above average initial burst with natural explosion and start-and- stop ability to make guys miss - can turn on the jets in a flash.
- Does not always read blocks behind pulling guards. May not be big enough to move piles at the next level and has a tendency to bury his head too soon.
- Lacks size to be a true power back, will not move piles at the next level.
- Offers little in pass protection and poor technique cut blocking, fails to do more than slow down blitzers by laying down in front of them.
- Does not always show a burst in the box, anticipates contact. Can get I turned easily on draws and inside isolation plays, shuffling and failing to restart momentum. Power in his cuts has been inconsistent. Tripped upon first contact.
- Has a lean frame and lacks ideal bulk or muscle for the position. Doesn't have great strength, lacking a power element to his game to break many tackles.
How other scouting services rate Jerrion Ealy (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank