- Flashes nimble feet to chase running backs and mobile quarterbacks to the sideline when lined up at end. Spins off blocks to get back into the play.
- Possesses accurate snap anticipation and timing to beat blockers off the edge.
- He's not an elite pass rusher and projects as a left end in a 4-3 defense. If he layers on more muscle, he might fit in the 3-4. Size, strength and versatility should push him into the top 75 picks.
- Vision to locate the ball and recognize cut blocks. Can rip past blockers and pull down ballcarriers when he cannot fully disengage from linemen.
- Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
- Doesn't change direction easily. Can be late off the snap.
- Never out of a play, but can get out of control and work himself away from the action.
- Not an elite athlete with average functional strength and size. Lacks the length to fend off blocks and can be too energetic and lose his angle. Doesn't have a natural position at the next level.
- He doesn't have the elite quickness or flexibility to flatten off the edge against NFL blockers and might have to add bulk to be a 3-4 defense five-technique, or strong-side end in a 4-3.
- Is slightly high-cut and stiff in the hips, likely too stiff for 3-4 outside linebacker consideration.
How other scouting services rate Khalid Duke (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank