- A savvy, natural pass-catcher with reliable hands and very good focus. Snatches the ball out of the air and shows the concentration to make acrobatic catches look easy.
- Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- Has only average height and overall length. Lacks initial burst off the line of scrimmage and has more build-up speed than track wheels. Limited explosiveness and flexibility and will struggle to separate against pro defensive backs
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- Doesn't have the size to consistently win on the outside, but can be productive working the middle of the field and as a return man.
How other scouting services rate Khalil Shakir (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank