Draft Profile: BioKyle Patterson from Perry High School was rated a After high school, Patterson opted to join Air Force.
In 2019 as a freshman Patterson saw action in just one game for the Falcons as he made 12 receptions for a decent 205 yards for an average of 17.1 yards per reception, with 2 TDs, and an elite QB rating when targeted of 119.0. As a blocker he allowed no pressures and no sacks.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played 5 games and had only 3 catches for 81 yards for an average of 27.0 yards per catch, with no TDs, and only QB rating when targeted of 35.9. In pass protection he gave up no pressures and no sacks. As a pass blocker he gave up no pressures and no sacks.
As a junior in 2021 he played 4 games and hauled in only 3 catches for only 32 yards for an average of 10.7 yards per catch, with no TDs, and only QB rating when targeted of 56.8.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Works hard on and off the field. Good strength throughout, fluid body control, and natural movement kills.
- Looks and runs like a lanky receiver. High-cut, long and lean frame. Deceptive speed and enough quickness to separate.
- Good vision to set up blocks and while Patterson isn't quick enough to elude in tight quarters, and take advantage of a defender leaning to spring for additional yardage.
- Has extremely good, soft, natural hands. Consistently makes the clean catch.
- Soft, reliable hands center the big target for quarterbacks. Shields the defense and will let the ball into his pads to protect it when about to absorb a big hit over the middle.
- Patterson is a natural playmaker, at his best with the ball in his hands.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Is a bit high-hipped and slow to get rolling. Frame limits upside as a blocker.
- Patterson also lacks suddenness as a route runner, and that is a potential issue at the next level.
- Patterson seems comfortable in traffic to the point where Patterson doesn’t make the effort to create separation.
Kyle Patterson percentiles vs other Tight End's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Kyle Patterson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank