Drafted: ROUND: 2 - Pick Number: 57 (TB)
Draft Profile: BioLuke Goedeke was a standout at both tight end and defensive lineman at Valders High School in Wisconsin. He went unnoticed by recruiters after a shoulder injury wiped out most of his senior campaign. He opted to start his career at UW-Stevens Point at a tight end in 2017 and in 2018, he transferred to Central Michigan.
In his first year with the Chippewas, he redshirted and did not play. In 2019, he won the starting job at right tackle and played a huge 1031 snaps on the season. He allowed 3 sacks and 27 total pressures on the year. He was handed First Team All-MAC selection by Pro Football Focus and Second Team honors from Athlon Sports.
After missing 2020 due to a knee injury Goedeke had an elite year in 2021 where he only allowed 7 total pressures and zero sacks and along and Raimann Central Michigan showcased the best offensive tackle combos in college football. He received a spot on the All-MAC First Team Offense at end of the season,
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Athletic speedy tackle with impressive leg drive - able to consistently force defenders back with elite strength
- An elite run blocker who still moves like a tight end (his high school position) despite putting nearly a100 pounds over four years
- Will thrive in a zone-blocking scheme and has the ability to start from day one
- Goedeke usually sets with a wide base, bends his knees, and is explosive off the snap
- A smooth athlete with terrific mobility and footwork, staying light on his feet. Has the lateral range, natural shuffle movements, and lower body quickness to mirror speed rushers.
- Has good footwork and technique. Balanced and agile pass protection set with excellent hand placement.
- Explosive at the POA and has a constant motor
- Willing to attack and punches multiple times to finish the play. Quick to pick up edge blitz and shows no panic, easily adjusting angles and resetting his feet. Can recover and reset his anchor. Rarely late off the snap.
- Nice technique with solid strong hands and the ability to latch on without getting flagged - to keep defenders at bay
- Above-average football smarts and general intelligence. Plays with a nasty streak. Solid character and work ethic.
- Has elite vision and always keeps pass rushers in front of him
- Fundamentally sound and understands blocking angles, using body positioning to his advantage. Disciplined awareness and good intelligence.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Plays a little stiff and doesn't always finish through his blocks
- Footwork could be a lot smoother
- Has missed a year due to a serious injury - will need to check out medically
- Too often is pushed back into the pocket during pass protection because - he bends at the waist rather than at the knees. Relies more on precise angles than physicality in the running game.
- Stronger pass rushers can get under his pads and steer him aside.
- Upper body gets over his feet too often and he easily loses his balance.
Scouting Report: SummaryLuke Goedeke is an impressive athlete who has totally transformed his body over the past few years - from a relatively lanky tight end to a powerful offensive tackle weighing 320lbs. He possesses elite run blocking skills, is a very good pass protector and in his time in college has shown improved technique and strength. However, despite his age is still inexperienced as he has played just two seasons of college ball.
We consider Goedeke to have a bright pro future ahead of him and has all the skills to quickly develop into a quality starter at either guard or right tackle - he'll likely be selected in the third round of the 2022 NFL Draft.
How other scouting services rate Luke Goedeke (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank