- Solid receiver in the flat, capable of running through tackles on the edge to move the chains. Flexible enough to catch passes thrown behind him.
- Has sneaky speed but won't always get to the corner. Runs low through the hole with size and strength to move the chains as an interior runner. Has a strong stiff-arm and spin move to slip defenders. Best in goal-line situations finds another level of determination. Good recognition as a runner and pass blocker. Natural receiver with versatility as a route-runner.
- Quick feet with good vision to pick through defenses. He has solid hands and body control and is a reliable receiver.
- Bowling-ball runner between the tackles. Flashes a burst in and out of the hole. Lowers his pads and delivers a blow into the chest of defenders. Falls forward on nearly every run due to lean. Short build makes it difficult for defenders to find among linemen. Good acceleration and straight-line speed.
- Difficult to bring down one-on-one in space, regularly sidesteps would-be tacklers and uses offhand to use oncoming defenders' momentum against them without slowing down significantly.
- Not elite in his vision or strength, he has enough all-around game to be a three-down player at the next level
- A one-speed runner and lacks any explosive qualities with tight hips. Has poor balance and has the bad habit of losing coordination when changing directions - his feet and upper body look to be on two different pages.
- Does not always read blocks behind pulling guards. May not be big enough to move piles at the next level and has a tendency to bury his head too soon.
- Goes down too easily upon contact and needs to do a better job staying on his feet and anticipating hits. Needs to be more of a finisher and run with more purpose and determination.
- Not the most instinctive runner and too often tries for the big play, dancing and losing yards. Lacks the natural power to push the pile and feels more comfortable avoiding contact.
How other scouting services rate Marcus Williams Jr. (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank