Draft Profile: BioMarcus Williams Jnr was rated a three-star prospect and was named Eastern conference Plains MVP named after an impressive final year at SouthWest Edgecombe High School. He rushed for 2,379 yards and 36 touchdowns and caught nine passes for 210 yards and two more scores. He joined Appalachian State in Boone, North Carolina.
Williams rushed for over 500 yards in all of his four seasons at Appalachian State and finished with 2,216 rushing yards averaging 5.5 yards per carry, he also added 14 touchdowns on the ground. Williams entered the transfer protocol ahead of the 2021 season and moved to Lousiana Tech.
In 2021 at Lousiana Tech he logged 792 yds rushing with a 4.1 AVG and added 8 TDs. He also added 20 receptions for 202 YDs with a TD and recorded a nice 91.9 QB rating when targeted.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Quick feet with good vision to pick through defenses. He has solid hands and body control and is a reliable receiver.
- A strong, compact runner with a thick lower half. A coordinated athlete who runs close to the ground with low pad level, quick feet, and smooth acceleration.
- Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above-average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
- Has very good (recorded 4.44 at college combine) straight-line speed with quick acceleration and a second gear downfield. Has a good-sized frame to add some bulk and get stronger.
- Flashes a burst in and out of the hole. Lowers his pads and delivers a blow into the chest of defenders. Falls forward on nearly every run due to lean. His Short build makes it difficult for defenders to find among linemen. Good acceleration and straight-line speed.
- Plays with a lot of energy and goes full speed on every run. Gives very good effort in pass protection, giving up his body. Tough-minded and doesn't shy from contact. Has a workhorse-type mentality.
- A real hard worker who gives you everything on every play who never gives up - and has a winning attitude who is a quality locker room presence
- Has a smaller, compact build with adequate thickness throughout his frame. Confident and ambitious player who wants the ball. Has shifty footwork with the natural burst and lateral quickness to make defenders miss and turn upfield in a hurry - tough to tackle in space.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Can be too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage.
- Not elite in his vision or strength but may have enough all-around game to be a three-down player at the next level
- Needs to work on his blocking technique - he currently is under developed as both as run and pass blocker
Scouting Report: SummaryMarcus Williams is a really solid player who has very good speed combined with excellent quickness and a powerful running style. He also is effective as a receiver, although has been underused in this aspect of the game. However, he will need to improve his technique as a blocker if he wants to break the starting lineup in the pros.
Williams has the talent to make an NFL roster and contribute - assuming he puts the work in, which given his obvious commitment for the game makes us believe he has a bright future and will be worthy of a late-round selection in the 2022 NFL Draft.
How other scouting services rate Marcus Williams Jr. (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank