- Extremely aggressive to come up and put his body in traffic to make tackles.
- Flashes intimidating attitude and will crush tiptoeing receivers across the middle.
- Can deliver the big hit and isn't afraid to jump inside to slow the ball.
- Good hustle player who puts himself in the action when he's not directly involved. Knows how to use his height and vertical leap.
- Trusts his eyes with very good awareness. Has very good reaction skills to break quickly on the ball.
- Too slow for a cornerback and average size and bulk for safety but has room to add strength to his frame.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- Lacks instincts with shaky awareness, is overaggressive and too often bites on fakes and misdirection.
- Needs to improve his footwork and balance in coverage. Transitions out of his backpedal too early and doesn't look natural moving in reverse.
- Has suspect instincts in coverage and needs to show better pre snap recognition.
Mike Palmer percentiles vs other Safety's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Mike Palmer (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank