- A bit stiff but makes the clean open-field tackle. Good effort in pursuit.
- Thickly built with classic linebacker size, adequate strength and the smarts to cover up his athletic shortcomings in the right scheme.
- Reads the quarterback to anticipate and is a candidate to play outside.
- Reacts well to draw plays and misdirection, sniffs out screens to his side of the field. Keeps his eyes in the backfield when rushing the passer and uses hands and strength to stay in the play.
- Brings down quarterbacks much bigger than he is. Very good motor and regularly chases down plays from behind.
- Hits up high and misses more tackles than he should.
- Does not blow up targets. Many inside tackles are catch-and-drags, which will be more difficult to make at the next level.
- Chase speed is below average, and he gets too upright as a pass rusher - needs to play with better leverage.
- High-cut and long-legged, and he does not have elite acceleration.
- Lacks elite quickness and change-of-direction ability to handle NFL slot receivers after initial contact.
How other scouting services rate Mike Rose (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank