- Combines speed, balance, quickness, vision and crisp cuts to leave defensive backs and linebackers in the dust.
- Keeps his feet active and eyes up to dodge traffic quickly and easily. Has excellent straight-line speed to be a breakaway threat at any level. Will initiate contact and runs through high tackle attempts but isn't overall a powerful player.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- Plays fast and confident. Covers a lot of ground in the short half of the field and is slippery after the catch.
- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- NFL defenders may be able to knock him off his route because of his slight frame.
- Will have limitations against physical cornerbacks because of his thin frame. If locked up at the line, he lacks the upper-body strength to fight off the press with his hands.
- Lacks much bulk on his body and will be outmuscled at the next level against physical defenders.
- He's an unpolished pass catcher who needs to work on the little things but offers immediate value as an impact return man.
- Needs to refine his routes and become a better all-around receiver. Has some ball security concerns. Durability concerns because of his size.
How other scouting services rate Nykeim Johnson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank