- Brings down quarterbacks much bigger than he is. Very good motor and regularly chases down plays from behind.
- Gives effort between the tackles to find the ball and is willing to take on linemen.
- Has good balance and short-area burst to stay on his feet through contact
- Thickly built with classic linebacker size, adequate strength and the smarts to cover up his athletic shortcomings in the right scheme.
- Coordinated footwork and balance. Makes more plays in pass coverage than expected because of his natural football instincts.
- Needs work on angles and· finding receivers in zone. Does not possess elite quickness. Fails to break down at times, grabbing shoulder pads and lunging to allow ballcarriers to elude him.
- Occasionally overruns plays due to aggressive nature. Hesitates when facing running back Blocks while rushing the passer.
- Chase speed is below average, and he gets too upright as a pass rusher - needs to play with better leverage.
- Lacks elite quickness and change-of-direction ability to handle NFL slot receivers after initial contact.
- Attacks the line but needs work on stacking and shedding blocks.
How other scouting services rate O'Rien Vance (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank