Draft Profile: BioPierce Quick from Hewitt-Trussville High School was rated a 5-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Quick opted to join Alabama.
In 2019 as a freshman Quick saw action in just 3 games and played a total of 19 snaps for the Crimson Tide. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing sparingly.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in just 3 games and a total of 11 snaps. He conceded no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing sparingly.
In 2021 as a junior Quick saw action in just one game and totaled 3 snaps. He gave up no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing sparingly.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Finds defenders with his hands immediately and gets feet moving to engage and sustain.
- Quick-footed with smooth movement skills to cover a large area. Rangy with above average lateral ability. Bursts off the snap and sets up quickly with little wasted motion.
- At his best mauling in the run game, playing with a nasty demeanor and consistently keeping it going through the whistle.
- Fires out of his stance with a good pad level, consistently winning at the point of attack.
- Has fluid body control with loose hips. Physical and tough with good effort in the run game. Plays with a finishing attitude with an aggressive, nasty temperament.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- His technique is sound, so it’s more a matter of functional strength.
- Attacks when necessary, though Quick won't consistently dominate and can lose balance overextending.
- Is a bit underpowered, often coming off the line of scrimmage too high and struggling to generate movement. Quick might be no more than a wall-off, angle blocker.
- For all of his physical gifts, often gets terribly sloppy, especially in pass protection.
How other scouting services rate Pierce Quick (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank