- Has the ability to create a pile in the middle, even showing the ability to split the occasional double-team. However, is just as often blown off the ball due to his high pad level.
- Surprising initial quickness off the snap. Relies mostly on a simple bull rush at this point, which is quite effective in collapsing the pocket.
- Good strength and balance to sit down, lock-out and create a pile, leading to possibilities inside and out (in the 3-4).
- Can make the impressive chest-to-chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield.
- Played with good leverage, even on the nose, despite average bulk. Hustle defender with a good bull rush inside that can close and get home when quarterbacks leave the pocket.
- Doesn't play fundamentally sound and lacks much technique in his repertoire.
- Needs to do a better job of being the aggressor and tossing blockers aside.
- Plays upright and struggles with leverage. Too often stonewalled at the line and doesn't show the hand strength or technique to shed or redirect blockers.
- Must improve hand use and read-and-react skills. Lacks the violent hands to shed and can be eliminated by double-team blocks.
- Needs to keep his pad level low; pops upright and plays too tall, struggling to maintain leverage off the snap.
How other scouting services rate Ralfs Rusins (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank