- Moves well and squares to finish on the move. Better anchor than his height suggests and capable of absorbing a punch and recovering quickly.
- He has the quickness and growth potential, long arms and powerful base to be one of the most popular players in predraft film sessions. If he impresses in private workouts, he could climb draft boards.
- Passes the eye test - impressive frame, thick lower half and overall length.
- Wide-body who stands his ground and is especially effectively sliding to mirror and hold off outside pressure.
- Strong upper body, arms and hands. Coordinated feet with the flexibility for offensive tackle. Hard worker.
- Anticipates speed rushers attacking the edge and will over-set to the outside, leaving inside rushing lanes wide open for defenders to jab-step outside and re-direct through the gap.
- Lacks foot speed to be a major threat as a lead blocker outside. Inconsistent latching on and gets lazy, bending at the waist.
- Whiffs on blocks after beaten initially and lacks range and lateral quickness. Plays too high and without proper leverage, pad level and can be passive.
- He's athletic and a pure left tackle whose high-hipped frame and waist bending might be exposed against pro pass rushers.
- Carries sloppy weight and isn't an elite athlete. Poor balance with a bad habit of lunging, bending at the waist and spending too much time on the ground.
How other scouting services rate Sage Doxtater (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank