- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- A savvy, natural pass-catcher with reliable hands and very good focus. Snatches the ball out of the air and shows the concentration to make acrobatic catches look easy.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
- Does a nice job locating and tracking deep passes and is a legitimate vertical threat. Willing to go up and attack the ball.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Has only average height and overall length. Lacks initial burst off the line of scrimmage and has more build-up speed than track wheels. Limited explosiveness and flexibility and will struggle to separate against pro defensive backs
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
How other scouting services rate Slade Bolden (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank