Draft Profile: BioTeradja Mitchell from Catholic High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Mitchell joined Ohio State after being heavily recruited.
In 2018 as a freshman Mitchell saw action in just 3 games and played a total of 4 snaps at linebacker for the Buckeyes. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops.
As a sophomore for the Buckeyes in 2019 Mitchell played in 8 games and took part in 99 snaps for the Buckeyes. He recorded 10 tackles, 3 assists, while adding 6 stops. In coverage Mitchell made no pass breakups, no interceptions, and a decent QB rating when targetted of 85.0.
In 2020 as a junior Mitchell played in 8 games and contributed on 95 snaps. He recorded just 7 tackles, one assist while making 4 stops.
In 2021 as a senior Mitchell logged playing time in 10 games and logged a total of 354 snaps for the Buckeyes. He also added 23 tackles, 16 assists, and 13 stops. While in coverage Mitchell made one pass breakup, no interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 108.5. As a pass rusher, he tallied 4 total pressures, which included 4 QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks on the season.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Mitchell logged playing time in just one game and logged a total of one snap for the Buckeyes. He also added no tackles, no assists, and no stops.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Keeps feet moving after initial contact. Jumps inside as a counter to typical rush, but needs to show a larger variety of moves.
- He’s at his best in coverage. He’s a fluid mover capable of turning and running with tight ends or mirroring backs coming out of the backfield.
- Good key and diagnosis skills. Quickly locates the ball and shows no wasted motion in getting there. At least adequate lateral agility to avoid blockers and shows good vision and anticipation.
- He’s an explosive mover who plays an aggressive, physical style. He’s extremely instinctive playing the run, and when Mitchell was at his best he showed sideline-to-sideline range.
- Handles misdirection well with quick change-of-direction ability. Comes downhill quickly against the run when he has an open lane.
- Physical at the point of attack and works hard to shed blocks. Enjoys contact and is a forceful tackler. Effective blitzer with the speed to reach the backfield and create backside pressure.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Does not blow up targets. Many inside tackles are catch-and-drags, which will be more difficult to make at the next level.
- Lacks fluidity to hold up in space or drop in coverage. Washed out and caught in traffic in the middle of the field.
- Possesses below-average instincts for the linebacker position. Leaves more plays on the field than Mitchell makes.
Teradja Mitchell percentiles vs other Linebacker's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Teradja Mitchell (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank