- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Physical player able to get off press coverage to release up the sideline or position himself inside the cornerback on slants and crossing routes.
- A long-striding athlete with good playing speed. Usually sure-handed with the concentration to snatch the ball out of the air.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
- Does a nice job locating and tracking deep passes and is a legitimate vertical threat. Willing to go up and attack the ball.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- A straight-line athlete with only average speed, lacking the wheels to run away from anyone at the next level. Struggles separating in tight coverage.
- Comes off the snap high and upright, and doesn't get to top speed quickly. Not sudden or elusive.
How other scouting services rate Ty Fryfogle (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank