- Has the size, length, and strength to defeat press jams. Can make the spectacular catch. A decent open-field runner with some agility and the ability to break tackles.
- Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
- He catches the ball with his large, soft hands and is tough. Deceptive jets and a smooth route runner.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Has enough upper-body strength and tenacity to be very effective as a downfield blocker. Is not shy about taking on his man, provides some pop and will open a running lane for his back at the next level.
- Has long arms to stiff-arm defensive backs in the open field. Willing to lower his pads to run through tackles for extra yardage. Goes over the middle, can spin out of tackles and take the big hit.
- Good quickness off the line. Has size and quickness to get off NFL press.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- A straight-line athlete with only average speed, lacking the wheels to run away from anyone at the next level. Struggles separating in tight coverage.
Ty Fryfogle percentiles vs other Wide Receiver's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Ty Fryfogle (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank