- Work in progress as a pass rusher, with upfield burst and flexibility to dip and scrape.
- Best attribute. Extreme quickness off the edge, has the flexibility to turn the corner.
- Is a gifted athlete with an impressive frame and a lot of raw ability. He needs to get stronger to do more damage at the point of attack and is very unpolished with the mental aspect of the position. Streaky instincts and anticipation.
- Handles misdirection well with quick change-of-direction ability. Comes downhill quickly against the run when he has an open lane.
- Combines very good instincts with above-average reaction skills. Almost always finds the ball in traffic.
- Lacks the strength to blow up fullbacks and bulk/length to prevent getting engulfed by better linemen at the second level.
- Loses size battle to many tight ends and is easily pushed away on out routes.
- Must work on using violent hands and defeating cut blocks. Also needs to build a variety of pass-rush moves.
- Generally an effective openfield tackler but doesn't wrap up consistently. Shows only average awareness in coverage.
- Lacks pop and strength to anchor, though. Most effective when uncovered inside and chasing stretch plays to the sideline.
How other scouting services rate Avery Roberts (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank