- Tougher between the tackles than many expect. Fluid and quick drop into zone, covers enough ground to be Tampa-2 "MIKE" and knows where the markers are.
- Reads the quarterback to anticipate and is a candidate to play outside.
- A bit stiff but makes the clean open-field tackle. Good effort in pursuit.
- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- Intelligent player who can play "MIKE" linebacker despite his lack of size because of his instincts and ability to find the ball in traffic.
- Has lean limbs and needs to get stronger and add bulk to his frame.
- Doesn't have enough speed, power or bulk to fit any LB position perfectly in the NFL.
- Loses size battle to many tight ends and is easily pushed away on out routes.
- Must work on using violent hands and defeating cut blocks. Also needs to build a variety of pass-rush moves.
- Inconsistent hustle. Only adequate change-of-direction ability. Also loses his balance too often in the open field. Lacks size to bull rush stronger tackles.
How other scouting services rate Clarence Hicks (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank