- Has good trajectory assessment on the thrown ball, breaks quickly and has decent ball skills
- Physical downfield and matches up well with bigger receivers. Tough and fiery with very good competitiveness. High-effort player.
- Flashes some physicality as a hitter.
- Transitions well from coverage to close on the ball. Strong hands, quick reactions for the interceptions.
- Has at least adequate straight-line speed and good balance, fluidity to change direction.
- Has an NFL frame with strong hands, the ability to close quickly on underneath routes and the size to tackle with a thump.
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- Needs to improve his footwork and balance in coverage. Transitions out of his backpedal too early and doesn't look natural moving in reverse.
- Has suspect instincts in coverage and needs to show better pre snap recognition.
Daniel Wright percentiles vs other Safety's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Daniel Wright (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank