- Can attack the edge with speed and has the flexibility to dip low and under the tackle's reach.
- Work in progress as a pass rusher, with upfield burst and flexibility to dip and scrape.
- Plays fast, flows with the action, showing smooth lateral agility and short-area burst. Has good instincts and awareness to quickly find the ball.
- Will stiff-arm linemen to stay free on some plays. Athletic enough to stay with running backs out of the backfield and knock receivers off crossing routes.
- Keeps feet moving after initial contact. Jumps inside as a counter to typical rush, but needs to show a larger variety of moves.
- Intelligent player who can play "MIKE" linebacker despite his lack of size because of his instincts and ability to find the ball in traffic.
- Has the combination of size and athleticism worthy of development.
- Inconsistent hustle. Only adequate change-of-direction ability. Also loses his balance too often in the open field. Lacks size to bull rush stronger tackles.
- Generally an effective openfield tackler but doesn't wrap up consistently. Shows only average awareness in coverage.
- Possesses below-average instincts for the linebacker position. Leaves more plays on the field than he makes.
How other scouting services rate Ellis Brooks (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank