- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- Combines very good instincts with above-average reaction skills. Almost always finds the ball in traffic.
- Plays fast, flows with the action, showing smooth lateral agility and short-area burst. Has good instincts and awareness to quickly find the ball.
- Intelligent player who can play "MIKE" linebacker despite his lack of size because of his instincts and ability to find the ball in traffic.
- Tougher between the tackles than many expect. Fluid and quick drop into zone, covers enough ground to be Tampa-2 "MIKE" and knows where the markers are.
- Shorter than ideal and is easily engulfed by blockers near the line of scrimmage. Minimal anchor at the point of attack and was too often knocked backward or off his feet.
- Slips off too many ballcarriers and needs to complete tackles - will go for the big hit instead of consistently wrapping up.
- Lacks the strength to blow up fullbacks and bulk/length to prevent getting engulfed by better linemen at the second level.
- Inconsistent hustle. Only adequate change-of-direction ability. Also loses his balance too often in the open field. Lacks size to bull rush stronger tackles.
- More of a straight-line athlete with some stiffness in his hips to slow .his change of direction.
How other scouting services rate Grant Morgan (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank