- A bit stiff but makes the clean open-field tackle. Good effort in pursuit.
- Has enough hustle and athleticism to make plays in the flat against running backs. Lacks height but has the vertical and timing to knock away passes when approaching the quarterback.
- Uses his low center of gravity to flash leverage and strong, violent hands to create space and shed to either side. Also spins off blocks to disengage.
- Strong and stout against the run, filling lanes with power and an attacking mentality.
- Tougher between the tackles than many expect. Fluid and quick drop into zone, covers enough ground to be Tampa-2 "MIKE" and knows where the markers are.
- He's a tweener who lacks the bulk and strength to be a thumper inside and isn't fast enough to stay on the weak side in the NFL.
- Doesn't have enough speed, power or bulk to fit any LB position perfectly in the NFL.
- Not a sudden or quick-twitch athlete. Will never be the strongest player on the field and can struggle to shed from different angles.
- Limited vision and is easily fooled by misdirection. Lacks range and lateral agility in coverage.
- Stiff in space with poor lateral agility and range. Not fluid changing direction. Struggles to tackle in the open field and falls off too many tackles going for the TKO.
How other scouting services rate Jaylan Alexander (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank