- Possesses a versatile skill set to play in various zone and man coverage - good size match up against bigger targets.
- Good hustle player who puts himself in the action when he's not directly involved. Knows how to use his height and vertical leap.
- Strong enough to redirect receivers at the line and camouflage his average speed.
- Looks the part with prototypical size and strength for a strong safety - long arms with a fil led-out frame. Extremely strong with natural power to make punishing hits.
- Fills run lanes hard and is a downhill athlete with an aggressive nature at the point of attack.
- Opens his hips too early and allows himself to get turned around in coverage.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- Questionable technique and he gets lazy with fundamentals, sometimes getting high in his backpedal and will breach the coverage call seeking flashy plays
- Needs to get stronger. Too easily lost in the trash. Not a sudden athlete and shows body stiffness when attempting to quickly redirect.
- He is very disruptive at all levels of the field, and his versatile experience will be enticing, but a lot of teams will see more tweener traits than versatile ability.
How other scouting services rate Luke Masterson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank