- A coordinated athlete with good footwork and balance. A heady cover player with above-average · feel and anticipation in space.
- Good agility and balance when shadowing his target. Competitive player.
- Extremely aggressive to come up and put his body in traffic to make tackles.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Attacks the ball with authority, with quick read-and-react ability. Willing and physical tackler, flashes toughness and aggressive nature vs. the run.
- Questionable technique and he gets lazy with fundamentals, sometimes getting high in his backpedal and will breach the coverage call seeking flashy plays
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Lacks elite speed to recover if beaten on double move. Ducks his head and swipes too often on open-field tackles.
Nick Grant percentiles vs other Safety's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Nick Grant (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank