- Plays fast, flows with the action, showing smooth lateral agility and short-area burst. Has good instincts and awareness to quickly find the ball.
- Tougher between the tackles than many expect. Fluid and quick drop into zone, covers enough ground to be Tampa-2 "MIKE" and knows where the markers are.
- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- Brings down quarterbacks much bigger than he is. Very good motor and regularly chases down plays from behind.
- Flashes strength to punch or stiff-arm to get off blocks. Stays with plays downfield, often making tackles even after being hit by multiple linemen.
- Doesn't have enough speed, power or bulk to fit any LB position perfectly in the NFL.
- Hips are a bit high, arms are long, and waist is narrow, which limits his ability to anchor and turn. Not much of a pass rusher if there is not an open lane.
- Limited vision and is easily fooled by misdirection. Lacks range and lateral agility in coverage.
- He's a tweener who lacks the bulk and strength to be a thumper inside and isn't fast enough to stay on the weak side in the NFL.
- Plays upright. Ducks his head and fails to wrap up at times. Inconsistent in giving full effort to be the second man in on the play. Must learn to use hands to beat blocks.
How other scouting services rate Quay Walker (Overall Rank)