Drafted: ROUND: 7 - Pick Number: 253 (LAR)
- Transitions well from coverage to close on the ball. Strong hands, quick reactions for the interceptions.
- Good strength to tackle. Plays with high energy and is a tough-minded overachiever.
- Strong hands to make plays on the ball, effective blitzer who shows well-coached technique and awareness.
- Aware in the red zone, stays on the back line to take away fade throws. Capable of making quarterbacks pay for late throws.
- Good speed in pursuit with the chase skills to track down the ballcarrier.
- Savvy using his hands to get to the ball without drawing flags. Willing tackler and high-effort leader.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Has good football awareness to read and react quickly and stay balanced and patient in space.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
Russ Yeast percentiles vs other Safety's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Russ Yeast (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank