- Lean, athletic build with plenty of room for additional muscle mass. Legitimate NFL-caliber athlete.
- While built more like a cornerback than a safety, he has the vision, range, hitting ability, and ball skills teams want at free safety in the pass-heavy NFL.
- Has a solid frame with a strong lower body and much improved bulk. Fluid and rangy with the coordination and loose hips to quickly change directions.
- Tough and scrappy with forceful nature to be physical at all levels of the field. Has good bulk on his frame to be aggressive in run support.
- Attacks the ball with authority, with quick read-and-react ability. Willing and physical tackler, flashes toughness and aggressive nature vs. the run.
- Opens his hips too early and allows himself to get turned around in coverage.
- Has tense ankles and hips with choppy footwork when attempting to redirect and doesn't always look natural changing directions.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Willing but not threatening tackler. Doesn't have the quick-twitch reaction when he gears down to rebuild to top speed. More instinctive than explosive.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
Tony Adams percentiles vs other Safety's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Tony Adams (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank