- Lean, athletic build with plenty of room for additional muscle mass. Legitimate NFL-caliber athlete.
- While built more like a cornerback than a safety, he has the vision, range, hitting ability, and ball skills teams want at free safety in the pass-heavy NFL.
- Has a solid frame with a strong lower body and much improved bulk. Fluid and rangy with the coordination and loose hips to quickly change directions.
- Tough and scrappy with forceful nature to be physical at all levels of the field. Has good bulk on his frame to be aggressive in run support.
- Attacks the ball with authority, with quick read-and-react ability. Willing and physical tackler, flashes toughness and aggressive nature vs. the run.
- Opens his hips too early and allows himself to get turned around in coverage.
- Has tense ankles and hips with choppy footwork when attempting to redirect and doesn't always look natural changing directions.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Willing but not threatening tackler. Doesn't have the quick-twitch reaction when he gears down to rebuild to top speed. More instinctive than explosive.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
How other scouting services rate Tony Adams (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank