Draft Profile: BioWill Mallory from Providence High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Mallory opted to join Miami.
In 2018 as a freshman Mallory saw action in 10 games for the Hurricanes as he made 5 receptions for 37 yards for an average of 7.4 yards per reception, with one TD, and a QB rating when targeted of 63.0. As a blocker he allowed no pressures and no sacks.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 13 games and had 16 catches for 293 yards for an average of 18.3 yards per catch, with 2 TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 84.6. In pass protction he gave up no pressures and no sacks. As a pass blocker he gave up 9 pressures and no sacks.
As a junior in 2020 he played in 11 games and hauled in 22 catches for 329 yards for an average of 15.0 yards per catch, with 4 TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 134.6.
As a senior in 2021 he played in 12 games and had 30 catches for 347 yards for an average of 11.6 yards per catch, 4 TDs, and a QB rating when targeted of 124.9. In pass protction he gave up 2 pressures and one sack.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Catches well in traffic, shields the ball from defenders with his frame, and holds on despite being hit. Will fully extend, snatch, and stay in bounds.
- A coordinated athlete and tough player to tackle, running with low pad level. Has good body thickness and strength.
- Capable of tracking passes from many angles. Good sideline awareness, taps quick feet to stay in-bounds.
- A powerful open-field runner with agility, quickness, and a decent stiff-arm.
- Good strength and effort to run through arm tackles.
- Runs precise routes with mostly crisp cuts. Very difficult to cover, gets separation consistently.
- Soft hands. Flashes good to very good tracking and overall body control to make catches outside of his frame.
- Quick feet and good balance to create separation on stick and post routes.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Average size and power for the position; won't overwhelm with his strength.
- Struggles tracking the ball over his shoulder.
How other scouting services rate Will Mallory (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank