- Aware in the red zone, stays on the back line to take away fade throws. Capable of making quarterbacks pay for late throws.
- Reads the QB and gets good breaks on the ball. Bigger hitter than his slight frame implies. Closes quickly and generates explosion.
- An athletic but narrow-based corner with a lean frame,
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Comes off the edge on run blitzes regularly. Gives effort to wrap and drag down bigger backs.
- Needs to get stronger. Too easily lost in the trash. Not a sudden athlete and shows body stiffness when attempting to quickly redirect.
- Has tense ankles and hips with choppy footwork when attempting to redirect and doesn't always look natural changing directions.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- NFL quarterbacks may take advantage of his aggressiveness in man and zone to eye up short routes and go over the top
- Not enough hip fluidity to adjust to topnotch NFL route runners.
How other scouting services rate Zyon Gilbert (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank