Drafted: ROUND: 7 - Pick Number: 228 (GB)
- Good speed in pursuit with the chase skills to track down the ballcarrier.
- Aware in the red zone, stays on the back line to take away fade throws. Capable of making quarterbacks pay for late throws.
- Good hustle player who puts himself in the action when he's not directly involved. Knows how to use his height and vertical leap.
- Gives up his body in run support with a very good closing burst.
- Physical, sheds defenders and works off blocks. Good toughness with recognition skills to fight through traffic and blow up screens.
- Hits too high and loses leverage, allowing ballcarriers to pick up extra yards. Plays overaggressive misses tackles in space and overruns plays.
- Lacks elite speed to recover if beaten on double move. Ducks his head and swipes too often on open-field tackles.
- Has only average long speed and body flexibility.
- Opens his hips too early and allows himself to get turned around in coverage.
- Willing but not threatening tackler. Doesn't have the quick-twitch reaction when he gears down to rebuild to top speed. More instinctive than explosive.
Tariq Carpenter percentiles vs other Safety's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Tariq Carpenter (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank