- Quicker than he is fast but has a burst to close in zone coverage and plays physical at the line in man.
- Reads and deciphers quickly, reacting in a flash with a nose for the ball. Jumps routes and drives fast on plays in front of him.
- Closes to the ball quite well and possesses the hands to snatch throws away from his frame.
- Lean, athletic build with plenty of room for additional muscle mass. Legitimate NFL-caliber athlete.
- Shows good awareness, following the eyes of the quarterback and breaking on the ball with excellent quickness and aggression.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- Has tense ankles and hips with choppy footwork when attempting to redirect and doesn't always look natural changing directions.
- Lowers his shoulder for the big hit rather than wrapping up securely.
- Not an explosive player and needs to show better bend and flexibility in his drops - plays too high.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
How other scouting services rate Tayler Hawkins (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank