Draft Profile: BioArik Gilbert from Marietta High School was rated a 5-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 5-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Gilbert opted to join LSU.
In 2020 as a freshman Gilbert saw action in 8 games for the Tigers as he made 35 receptions for 368 yards for an average of 10.5 yards per reception, with 2 TDs, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 90.8. As a blocker he allowed 4 pressures and no sacks.
After season's end Gilbert transferred to Georgia where as a sophomore in 2022 he played in just 3 games and had just 2 catches for 16 yards for an average of 8.0 yards per catch, with one TD, and an excellent QB rating when targeted of 100.0.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Gets a quick release off the line. Dips his shoulder and shows some savvy 8 as a route runner to avoid contact with defenders g to get into his route.
- Has the burst off the snap to be split out wide in the NFL
- Good strength and effort to run through arm tackles.
- He’s lanky and long-armed, but Gilbert has the broad-shouldered frame to carry more weight. Gilbert was a national high-jump champion in high school, and that athleticism translates to the passing game.
- Gilbert has strong hands and is extremely competitive, and he has an innate sense of timing when it comes to elevating and high-pointing balls.
- Above-average acceleration for a big man.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Because his top-end speed is good-not-great, Gilbert doesn’t warrant safety help over the top.
- Inconsistent with his release off the line of scrimmage.
- He’ll be coming to the NFL from a wide-open spread offense in which he ran a limited route tree.
Arik Gilbert percentiles vs other Tight End's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Arik Gilbert (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank